Thursday, December 31, 2009

When dating a woman with a teenage daughter, what are good ways to integrate yourself into the relationship?

(Advice or ideas on) I have a good relationship with the mom but I need help managing my interactions with her teenage daughter who feel uncomfortable with the idea of her mother dating.When dating a woman with a teenage daughter, what are good ways to integrate yourself into the relationship?
Well...honestly.. I'm 15...My parents are together but if my mom was dating another guy...I would hate him. Nothing personal...it's just humiliating to us that our parents think its okay to date...If you want to try to have a good relationship with her..start by just talking to her... when her mom isn't around...ask her how she feels about her mom dating you and when she says ';its cool'; or ';its whatever'; start laughing and let her know she can tell you the truth...and talk to you w/o telling her mom every word she says...trust is a big thing to girls.....don't ever tell on her to her mother.....she'll hate you. :)


Hope I got somewhere.. :)When dating a woman with a teenage daughter, what are good ways to integrate yourself into the relationship?
I'm a teenager and my mum recently started dating again. The man she was with had the exact same problem, but honestly, it's just about communication. The more we talked the more I warmed up to him and realised he's a great guy. Now I say goodnight to him on the phone and help him pick gifts for my mum on her birthday and watch stupid movies with him. It's just like having a second dad, although I think he is a better one :S


Just act as if she is your own daughter, take her out, talk to her. Communication is important, more personal than bribing and crap.


Good luck.
bribery





buy her something she's interested in





IT WORKS

No comments:

Post a Comment