Thursday, December 31, 2009

What's a good tip for a teenage babysitter who works for $5 hour?

After 4 hours of babysitting ($20), should I tip another $5 or $10?What's a good tip for a teenage babysitter who works for $5 hour?
a five sounds good to me, a trip to the movies with soda and popcorn for watching a kid!!What's a good tip for a teenage babysitter who works for $5 hour?
If you know the babysitter (child of a friend for example) its probably a good idea to tip him/her 10$. If you think they've done a good job (if your house is in the same state you left it in, if your kids are happy, if the babysitter is kind/polite) then it's probably a good idea to give him/her 10$ as a reward for a job well done, seeing as they're only working for 5$ an hour.
Babysitters usually don't get tips, but if it's someone I have used on the regular and they do a good job with my child, I'd slip an extra ten to them every once in a while.





If it was just a one time thing with this sitter I wouldn't tip unless I had asked them last minute or unless I knew my child was very difficult. Then I'd slip the sitter and extra hour as a tip ($5).
It may or may not based on the situation; talk to your babysitter about it. Is she giving up something important? Is there too much pressure on her? What do her parents feel about the fee? By finding out the situation, you have the choice of giving her an extra 5 or 10 bucks.
5 dollars an hour isnt very good pay. I went to a babysitting course and it said the lowest is to get paid $4.75 and the highest $9.75 or something like that. I would give her a LARGE tip if she works for only $5 because shes working very low.
Depends how many kids he or she is watching.


5 dollars seems like a low rate to me, but I suppose it might just be because I am used to watching 4 or 5 kids at a time.


I'd say about 5 dollars if it's only one or two kids. 10 dollars if it's more.
Wow you're lucky...she's selling herself short. For any services always tip at least 20%, though if your child is difficult or if you're gone for longer than 5 hours tip extra, it will kepp her saying yes to when you need her..again I'm shocked...$5 an hour? Keep her lol
You don't tip babysitters... just pay a decent hourly wage. I think I got $5 an hour 15 years ago, is that really the going rate still? If you are thinking of tipping another $5 or $10 why not just bump the hourly rate up a dollar?
Here's a tip: Don't eat yellow snow.





I don't think it's necessary to tip, but if you want to, then any amount I am sure would be appreciated, especially if they do a good job.
Of course, 5 dollars is very cheap for a babysitter. A babysitter needs to be paid at least 10-15 dollars an hour plus the money for the food should be included in the pay!
You don't have to tip. I would tip another $5 if the house has been straightened up, she cleaned the dishes after dinner, or has been dealing with a sick child.
If they did an outstanding job, another $5 or 10 would be nice! I'd say $5 if they are going to babysit on a regular basis. $10 if this is a rare (once a month or less) event.
$5 is good, but if you want to be her favorite customer I would say 10, plus it depends on how well you think your children behaved, or how well she did as a babysitter.
Buddy gives good advice and good tips he would say $10!





Check him out!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OksB3BiAV鈥?/a>





These girls are hilarious!
Yes. Thats always very pleasing and makes them want to come back and watch the kids again. Works for me anyways.
if she/he did good and the kids had fun give her $10 if the kids didn't mention anything, give her $3 or $5 if the kids hated her, give her a punch in the face lolz :) jk
$2.50 an hour.


that's half the money they would have earned on the regular schedual.


(only tip them if thye did a good job)
5 dollars shed be happy


10 dollars she would be grateful


haha
I'd say $5 since it's equal to one hours pay or 10 to 20% which would be 2 to $4.
Tip: ';Find a better job!'; I know people that work for families that are NOT loaded and they rake in $12/hour.





PERK IT UP!
It all depends on what your kids think of her or him and if the babysitter said the kids were good or not.
Yes! $5 per hour is a very low rate. You want to keep her coming back and babysitting for you.
$5 an hour is very low! It really depends on how many kids you are sitting. It should be $5 an hour per kid, at least.
Only tip $5, and only if she did a great job or did something extra.
number ones right - no tip needed, however if you want to....i would say $5
10 bucks.
A tip is always nice
Nobody tips babysitters. Where did you get such an idea?
How about a mushroom tip?
Babysitters don't need tips. There is no easier job.
5 or 10

No comments:

Post a Comment