Thursday, December 31, 2009

Mothers, if your husband/partner slapped your teenage daughter in front of you, how would you react?

if she was arguing with her father about something, and he backhanded her right in front of you? would you reprimand him, leave him, or just pretend that it didn't happen? why would a mother not respond to this?Mothers, if your husband/partner slapped your teenage daughter in front of you, how would you react?
It would never happen, as I would never associate or breed with a man who used violence.





I would defend my daughter against him and order him out, and think long and hard about what steps to take next. I would also know that something was really wrong with him for him to have done that, and try to get him help. If he did it a second time, he'd be out of our lives.Mothers, if your husband/partner slapped your teenage daughter in front of you, how would you react?
Hopefully I would have the sense to step in before it got escalated to the point of violence. Arguments are going to happen with teenagers but we can't lose our tempers and resort to violence when it happens.





I agree with Tracey in that I wouldn't be with a man who had such a temper to begin with. It's one thing to spank a child although I think there are better ways to discipline them. It's quite another to backhand her across the face and a teen aged child is beyond the spanking age anyway.





I also agree with those who say children should be raised to speak respectfully to their parents but we all know that teenagers are going to push the limits. That is normal and expected. By slapping her you are teaching her what to do if someone pisses you off. Nice lesson.





In that situation I would separate them and send her to her room while her father and I had it out. I doubt if I would throw him out but I would make it clear that if he ever put his hands on her like that again he would have to leave. I would then talk to my daughter and make it clear to her that although I won't put up with him abusing her I also won't put up with her disrespecting him like that. Then I'd probably make an appointment with a family therapist for all of us.
We don't slap, ever. However I also do not disrespect by husband by disagreeing with him in front of the children. If by some off chance he was pushed past this limit, it would be discussed between us privately. On the other hand, a good spanking is never off limits. Oh and my children are not allowed to argue with their parents, discuss yes, argue no. There is this thing called respect that is highly prized in our home.
He is the father, she pushed the buttons, I don't think he or she, will need my help.


Why taking authority from her father when he agrees not to do that to me either? I was slapped many times as a teen and here I am, still loving my parents, graduated from College and no, a parent should remain just that, an educator NOT a Psychologist.
This is exactly what is wrong with our youth of today. They have no respect for their parents, themselves, and so of course not others. Why can't a man slap his daughter if she is being disrespectful? You can talk until you are blue in the face but sometimes a good slap is can bring a yung'un around.


The courts rule that parents can't spank children. Then the courts turn around and say that parents must pay the fine for teenagers who break the law. When the spoiled belligerant brat gets their dumb azz locked up then they get the sh!t kicked out of them while they are in jail anyway.


Maybe a good ole fashioned spanking or slap in the face isn't as bad as some make it out to be after all!
There's a difference between a slap and a backhand.





Backhand is much more likely to leave bruises.


A slap across the face is not something I would condone, but everyone has a breaking point and obviously she got him to his.


A backhand is abuse.
It depends on what they were arguing about. If she was being a spoiled brat about something then maybe she deserved it.....but if he just slapped her for no good reason then I would definatley step in and defend her.
I'd think she shouldn't have been arguing with her father. I'd rather a kid get put in her place than end up pregnant or in juvenile because that's what happens when you let your kids walk all over you.
Tracey, Tracey, Tracey...





You're nuts.
slapping someone, girl or boy, is never a way to solve anything. no matter if she deserved it.
No. She shouldn't be arguing with her father.





77
Don't argue with your elders.
If my wife stepped in there would be TWO slaps involved...
  • wrinkles
  • lipcolor
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment