Monday, December 28, 2009

All women that were/are teenage moms. How is it?

Scary?Hard?Crazy?Wonderful?The best thing ever? I am wondering for various reasons please give me honest answers.All women that were/are teenage moms. How is it?
I was a teen mom. It was hard because I finished high school and worked and raised my son on my own. But it was very rewarding to know that I could do it. I became very independant and headstrong..and I think that has helped make me a better person. I am now married with 7 kids. I wouldnt trade my experiance as a single teen mom for anything.All women that were/are teenage moms. How is it?
hard, scary, and did i say hard? being a teenager is hard enough, whether you relize it or not you are still have along way to go to before you can even guide youself in life. if you can't do that then how are you going to guide someone else in there life. there is nothing greater in this world than your children, but that joy tends to be harder to see if you are not ready for that responsibility.
Hi om.... im not a teen mom.. yet... i am pregnant and 15... im very scared and i know its going to be a real big adjustment.. but i found its better not to look at all the things you will or could lose because of having a baby!... i tell my boyfriend all the time im not ready to be a mom im just not ready and he tells me your going to be a great mom because you care about everyone and your always telling someone else what they shouldnt be doing and whats not good for their baby... while i know thats true i know im just not ready to give up all that ive been working for... im a dancer have been dancing for 12 years now... but i know that im ready to give it up to make sure my child has everything theyve ever wanted... and i know my boyfriend is going to be a great father... and he tells me every day.. he dont want me to quit dance... he wants me to go ahead and reach my goal of being a dance teacher... hes 17 and about to be 18.. so i know that even though im scared me and my baby are going to be taken care of... so.. if your pregnant good luck and just think about the long run how its going to be!
just get the abortion and call it a day
It can be mentally and emotionally exhausting yet 100% rewarding all in one. I missed out on a lot being a single teenage mother, but I would not trade him in for nothing.
I don't think age matters as much as whether or not you want to be a mom!My first baby was born one week after my 24th birthday.I was in 7th heaven,that was 7 kids and 30 years ago,I'm still in 7th heaven everytime I think about them!(which is pretty much a daily thing)
it is so hard...you may not think it is hard right away, but when you get to be 26 like me you look back and look at all the things you missed. don't get me wrong, i love my kids, but money wise it is hard too. i buy my kids things before myself. you have to work hard to make sure that they have a place to live and food on the table. there are defiantly rough times, but look at the outcome. i love to watch my kids learn new things, and when they say they love you it melts your heart! but if you are considering becoming a teen age mom...don't... wait til you are ready!


good luck and take care!
Well, I don't have children and I am 24... But my mom had my older brother when she was 17 %26amp; me when she was 20. She has always told us that although she would not trade us (or her experiences) for anything in the world, she wishes she could have had us when she was older. She said that when she was young, she had no life experience and no patience, both of which are very important to raising children. She made lots of mistakes with us, all moms do, but she thinks that if she were older...even 3 years older...she would have grown up enough to raise children better. I think she is a great mother %26amp; I would not trade her for anything, but looking back on my younger years, I can see the things she has talked about. She didn't support or encourage us like I think she should have. I don't blame her, I don't feel badly about it, but I know I missed out on certain things. She was so busy working and taking care of 2 little ones, and on top of that, she had the job of becoming an adult too! I must add that my mom %26amp; dad were married til I was a teenager. Having two parents makes a difference, %26amp; having a teenage mom %26amp; dad I must say that you should wait til you have grown into the woman you are meant to be before you should start to think about bringing a child into the world.
I'd say it's all. At times it can be scary. And it certainly can be hard. But it is wonderful and the best thing ever. I wouldn't trade being a teen mom for anything.
Its all about how you deal with it. I was 19 when I got PG with my son. I had been on my own since 15 and was (still with) the father. It wasn't planned by any means and we used protection as well.





How it affected me? Best thing that ever happened to me. It caused me to get my head out of my @ss. I aspired to become the best dam* parent I could. I think I have done pretty well. I am excited to be expecting my second, I am now 24.





On the same note, I am not finished with college, my time is limited because I worked full time to pay for the daycare in the beginning only allowing me to take two classes a semester. I am far behind ';my age group'; but I'll get there. Its all about your determination.
I was. I became pregnant at 18. My daughter is fantastic, and I dont know what I'd do without her. But for the first 3 years, i went through alot. I was scared alot, I was angry alot, it was hard, and I wasn't as good a mom as i should have been. I thought I was, but when I had my son at 22, I realized I had cheated my daughter out of alot. I was lonley and selfish, and so concerned with making it all work, I didn't give her all I had. It was the hardest, scariest and saddest time in my life. I don't recommend it. I cant imagine my life without her, and now she is 10. She gives me purpose, and joy and hope. Wouldn't trade that, but I wish I had waited to have her when I was prepared, and could be good. I cheated her out of the kind of mom I could have been, that my others got.
I was already a mom at the age of 16! But I am always proud of it because it didn't stopped me from pursuing my studies and career after graduation. My husband is very supportive and I even graduated MAGNACUM LAUDE in college.





At first, it was somewhat difficult because of the adjustment in terms of responsibility. But am very thankful 'coz my husband is always there to support and help me in raising our child. We are now 10 yrs married and still have one kid. I believe that being a teenage mom would only be difficult if you are not yet matured enough to hold responsibility and you don't get support from your family and especially from your husband.
i am actually pregnant but from where i am standing it is really hard.. you have so much responsibility.. i am very scared to go through with this.. but it will all be good in the end!
My attitude on that is young women particullary high school age girls feel like they are adults and don't need parental guidance whatsoever. My answer may not help but it's just a look at life from a guy's perspective. Thank you.
i would not change a thing. I was 17 when I had my first and his father and I got married 4 years later and bought a house 1 year after that and we have a 9 month old now. It was hard at first, really hard so don't get me wrong, but i wouldn't change anything about my life now. I do tend to get angry though when i hear of all this teenage that a pregnant and its like stop having sex!!!! but then i have to realize hey wait a minute you are being a hypocrite's. but i think things happen for a reason and god will never give you something that you can't handle
All of the above. You wont really know until it happens it can go smoother at first but then reality kicks in way later. Be established first have all that you want career and personal life wise first don't be dumb!!!!!!
I got pregnate at 17 and now at 24 have 2 boy's but wish I had waited. I like the night life. The life I missed out on after having my first son.
you gotta be crazy to have a baby at 14. you are a baby. And your baby daddy will abandon you promise!and he'll probably say the baby aint his.
FOR ME IT WAS VERY HARD. I WOULD NOT WISH ANY YOUNG TEEN TO GO THROUGH PREGNACY AT A YOUNG AGE. YOU CANT GO OUT WITHOUT FINDING A BABYSITTER. YOU CANT STAY OUT LATE CUZ THE BABY HAS TO BE HOME. A TEENEAGER DOESNT LOOK COOL WALKING WIT HA STROLLER. I WOULD HAVE DOEN IT ALL OVER AGAIN BUT WISHED IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SEVEN YEARS LATER.PLEASE WAIT IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE AND IT IS NOT TOO LATE. GO TO THE PROM, GO TO THE MALL, GO TO THE PARTIES,STAY A TEEN FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN. DONT TRY TO GROW UP TO FAST.
I was 15 when i found out I was pregnant, gave birth at age 16 and raised my daughter on my own til she was about 3 1/2, when i met my husaband. but while i was doing it alone, it was very hard... i would have to sell my belongings sometimes just to get money to feed my daughter, to pay rent, etc... still had to go to school, and work, and it was hard not knowing wether the babysitter was treating my child ok... her father left us when she was only 9 days old... which made things even harder for me... if it is you that is a pregnant teen, or considering becoming pregnant... don't do it hunn... I love my daughter more then life itself but love doesnt pay the bills... she is now a teen mom herself and has no clue... always asks me for money to buy the baby what she needs because she cant even get a job at her age... noone wants to hire her with no experience... and the babies father is a loser... doesnt work or go to school... so once again, i say... think hard and long about it before you go through with it...
i was considered a teen parent but i didn't feel like one i was 18 just graduated high school and already 6 months into my marrage when i found out i was pregnant. i was already living like a adult so it's hard to say but it was very exciting and it was hard and crazy because by the time i had him i was going through my separation from my husband but he's healthy and happy and he kept me sane now i have another wonderful baby boy and i'm only 21 but handling my own because of my prior experience with my son.
I haqd my son at 16. It is tough, but I love it!!! My son is my life and I wouldn't be the same without him! This 1st year has been crazy, but I wouldn't change it 4 the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment