Thursday, December 31, 2009

How do I become closer to my teenage son,how is a little rebelious towards his younger brother who is 12?

I am currently not at hme with them, my mother is who playing my part. the way things are now i of to do what i of to do to make ends meetHow do I become closer to my teenage son,how is a little rebelious towards his younger brother who is 12?
I hope I am understanding your question: How do you become closer to your teenage son who is rebellious toward his younger brother. The fact that your sons are living with your mother is a good thing - please don't look at it as negative. Sometimes, parents have to step back in order to get their lives together. However, not having them live with you means that when you are not working, you should have them with you as often as possible. Plan outings and activities with them that are not costly. The park is always a place where families can throw frisbees, football, swim (if there is a pool), picnic. The Library is always free. Have them select books and you all sit and spend time reading together and discussing what you have read. Most libraries have a section where you can sit on the couch or floor. Rent movies that you all might enjoy. Play games (Scrabble, Monopoly, Cards, etc.)





There are many things that you can do to get closer to your sons. All the while, you, the parent, should be talking with them, sharing life stories and even mistakes that you might have made so that they don't make them. Get involved in their school activities and schoolwork. If they know you love them and want to be with them, I am sure the bullying your eldest son is displaying will subside.





My prayers are with you at this time. I know how difficult things can be. I might also suggest if you can, go back to school for yourself. Gain interest in a hobby or career that will bring more money into your home. While money is good and is necessary to live, the relationship you have with your sons is more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment