Thursday, December 31, 2009

My teenage daughter is sensitive. How can I help her make friendhips ?

My teen daughter is very sensitive. She is lacking confidence and she finds difficulty to make friendship. How can I help her? thanxMy teenage daughter is sensitive. How can I help her make friendhips ?
Well, first I wouldn't let her think she is ';lacking'; anything. I think a lot of young people go through stages of developing who they are and confidence is one of those areas.





If she has a particular interest in something, i.e., music, swimming, horses, skating, art, etc., you get the idea; help her get hooked up with a group with like minded interest. Don't make it a point that you are doing this for anything, excepting to add some fun stuff to her summer.





She will be able to take baby steps and learning how to be comfortable in her own skin; but you shouldn't pigeon hole her and make her feel ';less than';...





Good luck, she'll be fine as soon as she discovers she has wings and they can take her anywhere she desires.My teenage daughter is sensitive. How can I help her make friendhips ?
she's got to do it herself
You can't, she has to do this for herself. If she has an interest like sports or dancing, encourage her in that activity. The better she is, the more confidence will start to build. In that activity, she will also be able to build friendships with others that have this same interest. Being a teenager is never easy. The only thing you can do is talk with her, even though she will say that you don't know her and don't understand her. She may need to get through this alone, but just be there for her if she needs you. Good luck!
something she has to go through in order to find herself.
maybe she has low self esteem. Take her out on mini makeover. Take her to get her hair done. Maybe cut if layers and a few highlights.... get her a few cool outfits and some new shoes to go... maybe even to spray tan..at the nearest tanning salon. Although its definitly not all about looks.. a girl needs a little pick me up sometimes...and this will make her feel so much better. This does not have to be expensive ...save a little money and call around places and find something in your budget.. While you 2 are out doing this.. she will think its all about the shopping and stuff ..so it will get her attention.. but it will really be all about you and her spending the day together and having fun and bonding as women and mother/daughter...


good luck..
that's her life... she would find a way. just stand beside her when ever she needs you.
You can't help her make friends, it's something she has to do on her own. You can talk to her and develope a close relationship to her though.
You need to find something that she likes like a sport or something. Get her confident through that. Like if she likes watching basketball then get her outside with you and help her play it. With that she'll learn how to be more confident with her throws, then you can get her to join local team and there she can learn teamwork and gain friends. It's going to take a while, but it's worth it.
its normal
Encourage her to do things, and praise her when she takes risks.


Raise her self confidence, and with that, she will probably naturally make more friends.
I know with me when I was younger it was a self confidence thing. Give her little jobs to accomplish and when she gets them done praise her. Make sure that you put her down for nothing. I know kids make mistakes and do things we may not like but we as parents need to correct with out beating them down verbally. If a child hears enough from parents and relatives they will amount to nothing or they are no good at anything then they will start to believe it and act accordingly. I used to think I was not that smart intelligently. Found out I have a 122 IQ and went back to school at 51 getting all A's and B's Funny if I would of had the confidence when I was younger that I have now I would of finished college when I left high school and been retired by now. Unless you have been there you really do not know how much effect the wrongs words have on someone who is sensitive.
She has to help herself.
She has to learn to do it on her own.
  • wrinkles
  • lipcolor
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment