Saturday, January 9, 2010

WHY are teenage girls obssessed with wanting a boyfriend?

ok so heres the thing.I hear alot from girls that they desperately want a boyfriend. im like why? why do u want one


( not that im obssessed with wanting a boyf)


why are teen girls obssessed with wanting a boyf??


i know this aint important i wanna hear what u guys think.


isit because they can say they have one ?HAHAHAWHY are teenage girls obssessed with wanting a boyfriend?
Several reasons





To show off





Peer pressure





They think its an ';in'; thing





Part of teenage life





They are ashamed of thinking something different from their friends





insecurity to be cut off from friend's circle





no one is with them to guide them.





lonliness





surroundings around them





they think if they did not have a BF and their friends have they are ';BIG LOOSERS';





etc etc etc





run out off reasons.....phew.....WHY are teenage girls obssessed with wanting a boyfriend?
I personally think most girls tend to want a boyfriend for either company or popularity. I just got my first boyfriend a week ago and I LOVE having him for company. He's really nerdy and definitely not popular, but I don't really care because I've gotten to know him really well in the last few months. If him and I broke up I don't think I'd go looking for a boyfriend anytime soon. I'm 14 and I'm always the one to wonder why girls always need boyfriends too. If I were you I'd forget about what supposedly all the girls say. They probably just want the attention. (Trust me because I'm in the same boat as you and have been for a while. I know every person in my grade and more than half think this too.)





***Please don't just have a boyfriend because everyone else has one. I hate peer pressure and never give into it, which my parents love.***
they aren't all





well... i have had 2 lasting 16 months in the past 2 years, however i don't go out looking for a boyfriend in fact i'm happy single in fact i think it's better being single.





I think it's because it is someone you can rely on, and you can have someone to make you feel good about yourself that you can completely trust and talk to easily. It just makes you feel safe and secure because they should stand up for you, you can also go to new levels and experience stuff you haven't done before, and so you can relate to what other people are talking to.
yeah I think it's the fact so they can say they have one. because of the media and society says you're happy if you have a boyfriend. and also if they get into a relationship people talk, so they get a little more popular. and also I think it's because they would like the attention that a boyfriend would give them, and then they could talk to their friends about it.





There's this guy I know and he seems like he's desperate for a girlfriend too, he tries to hit on any female that will be friendly with him, it's kind of sad. he gives the impression that it's mainly so he can say he has/had one and doesn't seem like a loser...
Because they're stupid. I know girls at school who will literally go through a (quote) ';depression'; because their boyfriends break-up with them.





What I don't get is girls will literally do anything for some dude. I see it all the time where the boy says ';no texting any other guys'; so the stupid girl just listens to him.





Or, when every week the girl is crying because her boyfriend called her a name...but she's still dating him.





Teenagers are stupid. The youth is wasted by the young.
I think it is because a lot of people are getting together these days and hang out like a couple should, so if they do not have a boyfriend then they are stuck going to the movies with a friend that most likely does not have a boyfriend either. It is a teenage thing. They just want someone to call theirs.
they have the term right they want one,


they don't need one its because it's coming round to that age where people start to experiment with there sexuality an start too come out about the way they feel for a different person.





it might be the case they want to feel wanted or cared for by some one else other than there friends or family, it's and easy thing also they have seen there friends or someone they know with a boyfriend and chosen the only way to fit in is to have some one to share your life with and experiences.








answer mine please (: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?…
i can answer that for you..lol i want a boyfriend.. but if my friends were to ask me i would say i dont want one. its simple..i want love i want to know that i get dressed up all pretty in the morning and someone is actually looking at me.. i want someone who i can call and know that is going to be there and talk to me and actually like me i want a reason to go to school and i want someone who i can just really be comfortable with.. my crush has a girlfriend.. and its like when i would see him and his girlfriend kissing it would seriously suck.. i felt like sh.it i wanted to cry and felt like something is wrong with me.. i mean before he was dating her he liked me.. like he would be completely different around me.. but now i couldnt pay that guy to look at me.. so i think it would be better to have a boyfriend than to just sit there and criticize myself because the guy i was into does not like me anymore..so thats the reason...





also i think the only time i actually want a boyfriend is during school because in the summer im not really so into it but in school its like thats all im surrounded by.. girls who talk about there boyfriends and people kissing all over the place.. i get into the love mood.. also i have self confidence issues and i think i just want someone to love me for me.





idk its weird.. but thats just the way it is..ha
I think it's a combination of alot of things.





They now are in the dating field. They now have their own boy they can kiss, hug, hold hands instead of getting jealous when they see others do it (when they be single). Some girls find that having a boyfriend is a bragging status. They use the guys to do things for them, to buy stuff, take them places etc..
Well I think it just makes things easier like when a dance comes up you dont hve to scrabble to find a guy to go with. Some people just want to have somone to be able to kiss and love. Maybe you are incable of a getting a boyfriend and thats why you dont care. But I for one love having a guy friend that can comfort me when i am sad and i can hug when i am happpy without it being weird.
every teen girl i have ever met, wanted it all. that includes a boyfriend that they can brag to all their friends about. i think that it is pre-programed into every girls head, that she needs to be with someone or she is going to be lonely the rest of her life. they feel as though if they don't have a bf now, then they never will... not true but try telling them that....
I want a boyfriend because I just want to feel loved. When someone breaks up with me, I feel like I wasn't good enough, then when I find a new one, it makes me feel more confident in myself, because I am good enough for at least one person. I like the feeling of always having someone to turn to.
This is a good damn question. Finally someone with a little sense. I blame our media and society. We program women to think all they should want is men in some form or another. Teenagers should be out having fun and learning to socializing rather than attempting to gain status in her school. Have sleepovers, talk about boys and how much they're dumb, talk about Brad Pitt or whatever superstar, just don't be dating until you're at least a junior in high school. Before that, it doesn't count in my book.
Boys can be the same way. People seem to think they need one (or to have had one) to be normal, or they need the experience to be cool... I wish that young people wouldn't put such a huge emphasis on having a bf or gf. It isn't that important. I personally wish that I had just waited until I found my husband, I would have saved myself a lot of hurt.
to start with when a girl starts their period they will start to naturally want guys


but more importantly i think yes, to a certain extent girls want to be able to go 'i have a boyfriend' and show him off, but some girls just deperately want to be loved, and some want attention from someone special
it's the beginning of a hormonal stage and change in a girl's body which gears her towards wanting children and a mate. Of course, these girls (I assume you included) are not AT ALL ready to take on those challenges but it's the sex hormones kicking in.
i get really annoyed when girls tell me they want a boyfriend so bad.


i think a lot of them feel like they need more independence from their parents. and a boy would help.


i think a lot of them also want to saound ';cool'; and girls like to compare boyfriends.


also, many people just want to be loved.
Being a teenage girl this is a really easy question. Girls want boyfriends because they need to feel wanted and loved. They want to be able to go to somebody and be able to get the affection and feel better about who they are.
I want one, but Im not obsessed and not desperate for one. I have different priorities right now such as my job and education. I now that right now I wouldn't make a good gf because I am always so busy.





I think most want one because they are humans and want that type of affection from the opposite sex...nothing wrong with that.
i guess so, IDk what the rush is, why its such a big deal maybe im jus saying this bc i have a bf who ive been dating awhile, but a lot of my friends keep saying';i want a boyfriend'; im like why? u don't just want ';a'; bf, you want the right one. if a guy comes along and u date or even fall in love, great! but you dont just want a bf. i find that statement immature and pointless
im a teenage girl and i feel the same about why girls all want a boyfriend.





I think it is because they feel pretty or Beautiful with a boyf.





most girls want 1 because of peer pressure
no. :( I just want a closer friend. Seriously. A person I can tell everything to, and girls have a tendency of backstabbing and criticizing. Besides, it would be weird to be that close to just a friend.





Maybe we're just lonely. :(
well coz there really hormonal and most of the time they just want to shag them lol like im a boy and if i have a girlfriend then i would like it to be like nice not just sex but anyway yer thts the reason lol :)
no that's not the reason at all. it's usually because they're lonely or feeling insignificant. and when they see all their friends with boyfriends looking so happy and pleased, it's kinda hard not to want the same thing





we all want to be loved - corny but true
They want one.


They want to say they have one.


Bragging rights, who has the cutest one.


Want so badly to fall in love.


Hormones.


They cant depend on themselves alone to be happy. ((weak girls))


They think its cool.
some girls it is to say they have one, but for others it is to feel loved(not in the way your parents show you) but in a non sexual intimate way.
It's for their self esteem. Girls at that age are often insecure with their looks and if a boy chooses to date them, then that reassures them that they are pretty enough to get a boyfriend.
i think it is basically to have the experience that it implies having one, plus yes, the showing off part plays a big roll on it too.
because boyfriends make you feel loved and chear you up when your sad





can you answer mine please...thanx





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…
haha idk.......


i think it's funny


but can you answer my question?
To fit in and lose their insecurity. Predominance and self awareness are at your finger tips with a boyfriend even if your just pets. It keeps you engaged and doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment