Saturday, January 9, 2010

Only Child Teenage Daughter of a Single Father?

.....From that statement. How would you picture the teenagers life to be?Only Child Teenage Daughter of a Single Father?
Awkward talks (eg: sex talk, first period ext.) over protective when it comes to boys.





I can't really say. I live with my dad (same situation as you posted above) and while I find it better then living with my mom, I live the same sort of life as all my friends. I have clothes, a computer, a house (apartment really, but who needs specifics), a loving father, a somewhat loving mother, all the normal stuff.





The only difference is, that if a guy asks me out on a date, their is no mother around to pull back the father from his zillion and one questions, and demands.Only Child Teenage Daughter of a Single Father?
Could eb fun tinged with a little sadness
The girl loves her father with all her heart but, longs to have that mother daughter relationship. The woman that will teach the girl how to be a woman. I myself was raised by my mother and wanted so bad to have that father son relationship, someone who would teach me how to be a man. but I found a father figure in my mother's father. Maybe you can find it in your father's mother or an aunt.
My reaction is, you are blessed that you have a father who is able to take care of you, and pray for your mom (I will) that someday (hopefully soon) she'll get the help she needs to overcome her addiction and be a healthy part of your life again. Never doubt that she loves you. She's ill, so it's hard for her to show it in the ways you need her to show it. She's probably having a hard time even taking care of herself. I'm sorry that it's like this, and I hope it isn't always. Oh and forgive your father if he is over-protective of you. If he is, it's because he doesn't want you to get hurt, and he probably fears your genetic or environmental pre-disposition toward drug addiction (since your mother has this issue)- he wants to protect you from it if he can.





*best wishes to you all*
Are you going to counseling? I hope so. There's no counseling for you here. This site is highly toxic. Leave and don't come back until you have a stronger ego.
Well balanced. Probably has a good family support structure from both side of the family. Probably gets to see the mother at any time.





Well fed, dressed and probably not in poverty.





edit


Wow sorry to hear that. I was fortunate enough to have hit the right spot with a drug addict mother and she quite and the kids are with her and happy. I am glad you have your Dad.
You want the instant sterotype in my head? These are the things that instantly popped up:





1- Strong, responsible father


2- Messed up, absent mother


3- Lonely teen needing to feel a sense of family unity





Sorry, but you asked about my unedited sterotypes.
I had a friend who is a man and had the EXACT same circumstances as you do.





1- Realize your father loves you, even if he dates seriously/marries another woman. (This caused some trouble with my friend).





2- Help your father out, don't abuse the situation that he is the only parent around. (We used to have wild house parties in my friend's house when his pops was at work or on a date).





3- Don't let stuff get to you. Lots of people do have it worse, they have no parents in their life. Be thankful you got a father because many men would not care about their children at all. So stay away from the drugs and shady people (they just want to use you) and realize how lucky you are.





Good luck and remember life is more than a year, 10 years, 16 years, 20 years, etc. Life is a long time and situations and views change, what is a problem now will not always be a problem.





Good luck.
You are probably feeling a sense of mother deprivation but your father loves you.
Edited to add: That's harsh about your mum. Hope your dad is good to you. It's great he's being responsible and caring, but maybe it's tough sometimes?





This could have ended up in G%26amp;WS because there was a similar question here another time, so the Yahoo computer just sends it here.





~*~*~*~





Not enough information to make any sort of reasonable guess ~ some families like the one you describe are full of love, others are full of problems. It depends on the people involved and their personal situations.





Best wishes :-)
';Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child';





';Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child'; (or simply ';Sometimes I Feel';) is a traditional ***** spiritual. The song dates back to the era of slavery in the United States when it was common practice to sell children of slaves away from their parents. An early performance of the song dates back into the 1870s by the Fisk Jubilee Singers.[1] Like many traditional songs, it has many variations and has been recorded widely (see partial lists of choral arrangements and covers below).





Superficially, the song is clearly an expression of pain and despair as it conveys the hopelessness of a child who has lost her mother. A subtlety in the lyrics, however, offers a measure of hope. The repetitive singing of the word ';sometimes'; in the song's melody line suggests that at least ';sometimes'; I do not feel like a motherless child.[2]





Also, it may be noted that (1) one need not be motherless to feel like a motherless child and (2) one can feel like a motherless child for situations that have nothing to do with motherhood.
I can't reason being I have no idea as to what the circumstances really are; meaning that perhaps the mom died, or there was a divorce, or the mom figured the dad would be a better all around parent. I haven't heard the other side of the coin.
  • makeup hair
  • lipcolor
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment