Thursday, April 29, 2010

What are the disadvantages for a baby born to a teenage mother?

please only specify for the child NOT the mother-thanxWhat are the disadvantages for a baby born to a teenage mother?
The child won't grow up with two strong adult parents. Since the parents aren't mature enough yet to teach their children to have moral standards, the children can grow up not having a good moral compass and not be able to tell right from wrong very well. If the parents have stable jobs or careers they will be able to afford good quality food, cribs, diapers, and toys, but teenagers usually don't have money to spend any extra for another person so they'll have to buy the cheapest things or just go without. Usually the teenage parents break up so the child will grow up without knowing who his father is or where he is. The child won't get to participate in activities such as music lessons, camps, art classes, or sports because the teenagers won't have money for that. The teeanger's parents may contribute by babysitting or giving some extra money here and there but in every case I've seen, they want their children to pay for like 95%.





In short, the child gets ripped off.What are the disadvantages for a baby born to a teenage mother?
It all depends on the mother. Some teenagers are more mature then others. I wouldn't say it's a disadvantage but a different way of life for the child. I have 2 small boys and pregnant with baby #3 and I am in my 30's. So it's a different way for my kids to live as I consider myself ';old'; and having kids. I am not as energetic as I was when I was a teen. Having kids as a teen is hard but life is how you make it. This world is so complex and has many different forms to it. I would just take it as it is and hopefully she raises the baby as best she can and gives the child as much love and affection as well. The baby is not going to suffer as there are tons of places for help out there.
Just because someone is a teenage mother doesn't automatically mean their child will be disadvantaged.





There are good mothers teen mothers and bad middle-aged mothers - it depends on the woman and not how old they are.





Stereotypes and the actions of a few do not reflect on everyone so don't judge all teenage mothers just by what you've heard from some random news stories and internet sites.





My mum was a teenage mother and I was born into most stable home you could imagine. She and my dad have been together 29 years now and married for 19 of those. I didn't want for anything growing up and my parents were always there when I needed them. I wasn't deprived or fed on junk food or dressed in hand-me-down clothes. I had a good, healthy upbring and education. I learned the value of money, hard-work, and family.





Don't judge all teen mothers or teen families unless you've actually experienced one.
I personally think some teenage mothers can provide more for their children than some 33 year old welfare woman could, example my friend, had her baby at 18 years old, they child is very loved and well-cared for. Another note i know of mothers in their 30's who do not care and love for their children and they turn into delinquents or even teenage mothers themselves. I dont judge what age you are, some is a little too young example 9 -15 years old is really young. If you can provide for your child it shouldnt matter what age you are.
generally speaking the child's parents would struggle more with money. most teen parents are on benefits and i know that from experience, benefits don't give you much to spend. you have to be really careful with what you buy. of course this effects the child because you may not have enough money to completely support a family. small part time jobs won't give you much money, either.





teens are more likely to be housed in rougher areas where there is alot of noise and disruption. we are currently housed next to a noisy night club and round the back of us are a block of flats where there are alot of obnoxious and noisy people, who row consistently throughout the night. the window downstairs below our flats was also smashed in and we have had a stone thrown at our bedroom window. we are moving again shortly before our baby arrives. just imagine the unlucky families that wouldn't have anywhere else to go? the baby would be kept awake.





teen mums are more likely because of their struggles to be stressed througout the pregnancy. this in turn can effect the baby by making him/her more nervous in later life.





the teens are more likely to be immature, especially the guys, who grow-up slower than the girls and don't actually go through the pregnancy, so to them the culture shock may not seem so real. this is not everyone mind, it's just some of the things that can happen in relation to having a baby so young.
Social


Your going to be poor, you and your child will end up being called trailer trash.


Your child may have development issues because he does not have good parenting.





Genetic/Technical


Not much, less chances of mutations and abnormalities.
Statistically they are more likely to have behavioral problems as teens and statistically more likely to become teen parents themselves. Some teen mothers are better mothers than older women, but this has nothing to do with age and everything to do with instinct and love.
I would say the biggest one for the baby would be, not having the mother around...she'll prob leave the baby with her parents to go hang out with her friends...I knew a few girls over the years that have done this.
Well the baby could have a low birth weight, more chances of being premature, the baby cannot have the best things finacially ie. cheap food but not the best food. I had my first at 21 and now she is 2 and my second 2mths ago.
Well if the mother gave the baby up for adoption when the baby grows up they might think that no one cares about them because their mother didnt even want them.
it all depending on the teen.I am 17 I have a 16 month old and I am 10w and 6 days with #2 I work and I am going to collage to become a medical assistant and no one has to help me out with anything !
probably grow up in a lower class house


mother wouldnt have as much worldly experience


nothing too major i guess
Nothing unless there is no money to take care of the child.
Oh God... here we go again... Dude, there are a LIST of disadvantages to a poor innocent baby being born to a teen mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment