Thursday, April 29, 2010

Is it normal for teenage boys to sleep alot during puberty?

It's quite normal actually. There is a lot going on in that young body. They generally go through a growth spurt, start building more muscle mass, they start growing hair (seems like) almost everywhere! Then they are going through hormonal changes which can actually change they way they think. Some guys gain weight going through puberty. Depending on their weight before puberty this can be a good thing or a bad thing. Their voices crack and deepen (can get embarrassing) They are now developing crushes on their worst childhood enemy, GIRLS!





All this going on is a bit overwhelming and confusing, and can create temporary depressive mood swings. Most temporarily depressed people sleep.





I think with children going through puberty the standing phrase should be, ';Wake me when it's over.'; And I think they are trying to do just that.





I found that when my son was going through this stage the remark that seemed to comfort him most was ';Dang! That sucks, I'm glad I'm not you, how can I help?'; Go figure.Is it normal for teenage boys to sleep alot during puberty?
I think it is normal for teenagers in general to sleep. I know a lot of teenagers who sleep a lot, of both genders.Is it normal for teenage boys to sleep alot during puberty?
Not om;y teenage boys. Adults need to sleep a lot, too (to be 100 percent fit). 8 hours is recommended.
Yes, particularly if they are growing rapidly. My friend has a 15 year old son who has grown 5 inches in a little more than 18 months. He is constantly sleeping!





Don't wake them. They need the sleep!
teens tend to require about 9-11 hrs of sleep a night. (give or take) Some schools actually have later start times to accomodate for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment